Local website 218Trades.com contains information and resources on apprenticeships and careers in the trades specific to Northeast Minnesota, from bricklaying and carpentry to plumbing, roofing, and many other skill sets.
These and more trades are in extremely high demand right now throughout the Iron Range area and along the North Shore of Lake Superior. For perspective, here are a few stats from 218Trades:
- The typical apprenticeship combines an average of 144 hours of classroom instruction with over 2,000 hours of earn-as-you-learn training and on-the-job experience
- Construction careers provide an average annual wage of $55,896, which is $14,000 higher than the average salary in the region
- Many experienced workers in the construction industry earn well over $100,000 a year and enjoy excellent benefits
Interested in exploring a career in the trades? Find more information and resources here.
Northland employers looking to hire skilled workers in the trades can benefit from the following information and resources from 218Trades:
- Tips for hiring and retaining a multigenerational workforce
- Basic services available through regional CareerForce sites, including the On-The-Job Training Program and the Talent Development Program which help pay for training
- More opportunities to get involved with industry events and network with skilled jobseekers and apprentices in the trades