If you have a broad degree or background or a variety of skills and experiences, it can be hard to know where to begin your job search. Here are some resources to start answering that eternal question, “What do I want to be when I grow up?!” – or at least, “What do I want to be – right now?”
- Start by ensuring your NORTHFORCE profile includes all industries that you are interested in even if you don’t have any experience. We simply can’t match you to your dream job if you don’t select the right categories!
- Browse our CAREER CENTER to get ideas of companies, job titles and positions that interest you. Explore what it takes to have those roles and who you might need to know – make a plan if you want to pursue a particular career.
- Look around and get to know local companies that interest you. Ask us for more information on anything that piques your curiosity!
- Consider part-time work or internships. These are great ways to test out a path or field without committing completely to it right away.
- Get an Informational Interview. (See Networking for more on this!)
- Take online assessments such as Strengths Quest and MBTI.
- Consider additional education and training.